C4 is probably the most versatile lethal in Call of Duty. Here’s how to use it properly.
- Once equipped, use lethal (G/Press Mouse Wheel, PC; R1, PS4; RB, XBOX) to place the C4.
- Press lethal again or double-tap interact (F, PC; Square PS4, Y, XBOX) to detonate.
Detonate C4 One at a Time
You can pick up two C4, just like you can with grenades. You don’t have to throw them both down before you detonate them.
To use one C4 at a time, double-tap the interact button (F, PC; Square PS4, Y, XBOX) after you place one C4 down.
There are 3 main ways to use C4.
- Use C4 like a grenade to damage multiple enemies at once or to damage enemies hiding in rooms or behind cover. Remember C4 is sticky, so you can’t bounce it around corners.
- Use C4 like a remote-controlled claymore or bouncing betty. You can place your C4 at a known location (like a buy station) or above doorways and detonate it when you know an enemy is there.
- Stick your C4 to vehicles to destroy them. The high damage C4 has, means it’s possible to damage/disable/destroy vehicles if detonated at close range. The best way is to stick the C4 directly to a vehicle, or you can throw it on the ground close by.